MORE NATURAL LIGHT - MORE COMFORT - MORE ELEGANCE
This is the final call for the Hallberg-Rassy 48 Mk II. The 48 has been built for eighteen years, was introduced at the Open Yard in August 2004 and is the yard's most successful model in this size bracket with 90 boats built until 2020. That surpasses even the previous best sellers for this size: Hallberg-Rassy 49, which was built in 89 units during sixteen years between 1982 and 1997, and the Hallberg-Rassy 53, which was built in 88 units during fifteen years from 1992 until 2006. The Hallberg-Rassy 48 Mk II offers More natural light - More comfort - More elegance, compared to the normal 48 Mk I. - The 48 Mk II is even More Hallberg-Rassy!
A WINNING CONCEPT FURTHER DEVELOPED
The Hallberg-Rassy 48 Mk II is a blue water cruiser that is improved on 15 points compared to the predecessor 48:
- The saloon portlights are a heritage of the Hallberg-Rassy 55 and 64. The window area is greater and is frameless with tempered glass. This gives both more natural light and more elegance.
- The 48 Mk II has two opening portlights between the saloon and the cockpit, both port and sb side, like on the Hallberg-Rassy 55
- Four hull portlights; two in the saloon and two in the aft cabin
- White painted wooden panels in the alcoves in the saloon
- New design for the windscreen, with curved tops of the side panels, like on the Hallberg-Rassy 55
- Improved hatches for the aft deck lockers
- Over the sliding hatch there are now Raymarine instruments as standard; i50 Speed, i50 Depth and i60 Wind
- Seven slim style ventilators with built-in ping pong balls, which immediately closes if water comes over, and instantly and automatically opens again as soon as the water is gone
- When a retractable TV is ordered, the size is now as large as 40 inch
- New design for the pushpits and pulpits
- A slimmer design for the anchor windlass
- Bookshelfs in v cabin and aft cabin like in the HR 55, which means more open design with white wooden slats inside
- Two opening portlights in the port side linear galley, one opening portlight in the sb side U shaped galley
- New colour for the Corian composite stone worktops in the galley and the heads
The engine is a state of the art Volvo Penta, an efficient 5 cylinder with common rail technology and 20 valves. The Volvo Penta D3-110 develops 81 kW/110 HP. Maximum torque is as much as 342 Nm at just 2000 RPM. That is the perfect engine for a displacement cruiser like this. You don't really use your horse power but you use your torque, at low RPM. That is why you need a modern engine with high torque at low RPM. That gives comfortable power, low noise and low vibrations. That is comfort! The fuel tank capacity of the 48 is as much as 800 litres. This modern engine combined with an overdrive propeller from Gori gives a range of 1 060 Nautical Miles, that's roughly from Hamburg in Germany to Iceland, motoring non-stop! That is what you need for a contemporary Blue Water Cruiser.
EXTENSIVE STANDARD EQUIPMENT
The standard equipment list is rather extensive. For example Raymarine Speed, Depth and Wind as well as two holding tanks are included in the Hallberg-Rassy 48 Mk II. Items such as teak on deck and coachroof, electric windlass with Delta anchor and chain, twin heaters with insulated hoses, fridge compressor, antifouling, high gloss varnished teak table on steering pedestal, mainsail and furling jib, wind screen with tempered glass, and a lot more, are examples of the extensive standard equipment.
Hallberg-Rassy 48 Mk II gives more natural light, more comfort and more elegance. She develops an already successful concept.
THE LINEAR GALLEY
The linear galley configuration is offered on port side with more worktop area and an additional fridge that is front opening. The linear galley also gives the opportunity for two people to work in the galley simultaneously.
U SHAPED GALLEY TO STARBOARD
The alternative with the galley to starboard has its advantages. The one who works in the galley doesn't obstruct the natural flow through the boat, for example into the aft cabin. The person working in the galley has good contact with the people in the cockpit, as well as to the saloon. The lockers are wider than with the port side galley. You may safely open the lockers above the sinks on any tack.
PUSH BUTTON SAILING
You are optionally able to push button operate all essential functions such as furling mainsail in and out, genoa, cuttersail, backstay tensioner and vang from the steering stand. There is space for a 14 inch plotter. The genoa sheet winches may be ordered both forward- as well as backwinding. There are retractable bow- and stern thrusters available.
Push button operation makes it possible to handle a big yacht like this with minimum crew.
BRIGHT AND INVITING INTERIOR
The Hallberg-Rassy 48 Mk II interior is bright and inviting. She offers lots of storage for extended voyages. She will take you anywhere, in style and comfort.
The saloon of a Hallberg-Rassy 48 Mk II with mahogany interior and galley to sb
|CE category||A - Unlimited ocean voyages|
|Hull length||14.99 m / 49' 2"|
|Waterline at rest||13.25 m / 43' 5"|
|Beam||4.50 m / 14' 9"|
|Draft, empty standard boat||2.35 m * / 7' 8" *|
|Displacement, empty standard boat||18.5 T / 40 700 lbs|
|Keel weight||7.75 t / 17 100 lbs|
|Keel type||lead on deep bilge|
|Sail area standard with jib||123.4 m² / 1 328 sq ft|
|Sail area optimized with genoa||143.7 m² / 1 549 sq ft|
|* = Also available as a 35 cm / 1´2" more shallow draft version|
|Air draft, ex Windex||21.75 m / 71' 4''|
|Headroom saloon||1.99 m / 6' 6''|
|Engine||Volvo Penta D3-110|
|kW / HP at crank shaft||81 / 110|
|Max torque||342 Nm at 2000 RPM|
|Diesel tank||800 litres / 212 US gallon|
|Fresh water tanks||910 litres / 241 US gallon|
|Transport height with windscreen||4.78 m / 15' 9''|
|Transport height without windscreen||4.35 m / 14' 3''|